Orijen believes that your little fur ball shares 97% of their DNA with the Near Eastern wildcat, which is the closest relative of domestic cats. Despite years of breeding, their internal workings and anatomical capabilities of domestic cats remain the same as their wild relatives. It is no surprise their food requirements remain the same.
What is Orijen Original Cat?
Orijen Original Cat is a dry kibble suitable for cats and kittens from the age of 8 weeks to senior.
Why should I buy this product?
Cats are usually hunters and their teeth, jaws and digestive system are adapted for meat-concentrated diets, that are rich in fresh meat and meat diversity. Their sharp teeth and body mechanics are designed to metabolize protein and fat from meat.
Which ingredients are used in Orijen Original Cat?
All of Orijen foods are rich in proteins, low in carbohydrates, 5 different types of meats; Free range Cobb Chicken, free-range turkey, free-range eggs, wild-caught flounder, and herring.
From what age can my cat eat Orijen Original Cat?
Your kitten from the age of 8 weeks until they are senior citizens can enjoy Orijen Feline Cat and Kitten.
What does Orijen Original Cat contain?
Orijen Original Cat :
- Is rich in meat (85%) and protein (40%)
- 85% neat ingredients (⅔ fresh and raw and ⅓ gently dehydrated)
- 15% low-glycemic vegetables and fruits
- 40% richly nourishing meat protein
- 100% of meat ingredients are fit for human consumption
- NO plant proteins, no high glycemic carbohydrates, and no glutens or grains.
- WholePrey ratios
- Meat – essential for protein and fat, as well as, Vitamins A, B, D, and K, copper, chromium, folic acid, iron, magnesium, potassium, selenium, and zinc.
- Organs – packed with almost every nutrient your cat and kitten need to thrive on. Vitamins, minerals, healthy fats and amino acids.
- Cartilage – a rich source of minerals, including calcium, phosphorus, magnesium, and potassium in natural form your cat or kitten’s body can easily absorb.
- Limited Carbohydrates
- Orijen is protein-rich and carbohydrate-limited, featuring lentils, chickpeas, squash, greens, and fruits which release sugar slowly.
What makes Orijen different from other pet food companies?
ORIJEN IS DERIVED FROM THE LATIN TERM ‘ORIGIN’ – MEANING SOURCE OR BEGINNING. BORN FROM A DESIRE TO MIRROR THE DIET DOGS AND CATS HAVE EVOLVED TO EAT, ORIJEN NOW SERVES AS THE FULLEST EXPRESSION OF OUR BIOLOGICALLY APPROPRIATE™ FRESH REGIONAL INGREDIENT NEVER OUTSOURCED PHILOSOPHY.
Inspired by a natural diet of whole prey animals, ORIJEN features unmatched and unique inclusions of meat, naturally providing everything your dog or cat needs to thrive. With a reputation of trust spanning more than a decade, ORIJEN is guaranteed to give you peace of mind and keep your cherished companion happy, healthy and strong.
What is the best way to store your Orijen Original Cat food?
Always keep your cat food in its original bag, even if you use an airtight container. Keep your cat food in a cool, dry environment and off the floor. Either put it on a shelf or on something that lifts it off the ground.
What are the package sizes available?
Orijen Original Cat is available in 3 different sizes. 340 g, 2.27 kg, 6.8 kg.
Is Orijen Original Cat recommended by Vets?
Orijen is an award-winning, holistic cat, and kitten food, and your vet will recommend it.