You are your pets’ whole world, and they are yours. Imagine what life would be like without that fuzzy head, waggy tail, boopy nose or the irresistible lap curl. You just can’t. You and your pets – you’re each other’s heroes, and it’s this mutually heroic bond that gives Pet Hero our identity; our soul. So we provide almost all that your pets need to be your hero, and we make it simple and convenient for you to be your pets’ hero. We are Pet Hero – you are Pet Hero too!
We offer all that your dogs, cats, birds and small pets need. We sell a full range of pet products covering all the trusted brands in the veterinary industry. Our products include food, beds, toys, accessories, health care and even pet wear! To browse our full brand range, click here, or browse by pet category from our home page.
Ah, the fun part! To order products from Pet Hero, follow these steps:
- While browsing Pet Hero, add the products of your choice to your cart.
- When you’ve got everything you need, click on ‘View Cart’ at the top of the page or click on the ‘Cart’ link in the menu.
- On the cart page, you will see a summary of what’s in your shopping cart. Here you can remove products from your cart or change the quantities of the products you want to order (because what’s better than one squeaky toy? Yup – TWO squeaky toys!). You can also add any coupon codes or apply your loyalty rewards discount. When you’re ready to pay, click ‘Proceed to Checkout’ below the cart total.
- Log in to your account (or create a new account if it’s your first time on Pet Hero). When you’re logged in, continue with the checkout process. (If you’d prefer to not create an account, you can simply fill in your details on the page.)
- The next step is to complete your address information for delivery. Any prior address information given will be selected by default, so check that the address for this particular delivery is correct. Choose a different address from the drop-down if you have multiple addresses set up on your account. It will be useful to enter an address where you know someone will definitely be available to receive your order on the delivery date.
- On the right-hand side, you will see the delivery option with the delivery cost. Choose a payment method, accept the Terms and Conditions and click ‘Proceed to Payment’. Enter your payment details (if you have not chosen to pay via EFT) and complete the payment. Once the payment has been processed, your order will be placed and you will receive an order confirmation email containing your invoice of the purchase.
Pet Hero has a variety of payment gateway providers who accept VISA, Mastercard and American Express payments, as well as an instant EFT payment.
You can also pay via a regular EFT, but this will extend your order processing time as we have to wait for the funds to reflect in our account before proceeding with your order.
Please note that your credit card has to be 3D secure enabled to process a transaction. You can ask your bank to assist you in this regard.
If your card is enabled to make online purchases and it is 3D secure enabled we can facilitate the transaction.
We currently do not accept cash on delivery (COD) payments. Your order is delivered by a third-party courier and in order to protect them and the integrity of your order, orders need to be paid in full before they are dispatched.
According to the Visa and Mastercard regulations as carried over by Peach Payments (our payment gateway provider), every transaction processed on our online store needs to be manually processed to validate the transaction. Thus payments will not necessarily be debited from your account immediately. It may take up to 5 days for the transaction to clear and for your account to be charged.
Our site is hosted on a secure dedicated server, with additional antivirus software and a firewall protecting our domain, like a watchdog hindering intruders. Furthermore, we have a Secure Socket Layer (SSL) certificate with 2048bit encryption to encrypt information sent from the server to your computer and vice versa. So… very secure!
Pet Hero does not store your credit card or banking details, however, with our Peach Payments credit card option, you have a choice to store your card details with Peach Payments to make your next checkout much quicker without having to enter your card details again.
With this option, your card details are not stored with Pet Hero, but with our provider, Peach Payments. Pet Hero receives an encrypted token that is linked to your profile on the Peach Payments system. The token is the only information that Pet Hero has and we send this token to process your payment. Peach Payments is a well-established payment gateway that makes safety their number one priority. If you would not like to store your card details, simply un-check the ‘Store payment details?’ box.
It is important to note that if you are making a recurring purchase, we require the token from Peach Payments for the recurring payment to be made. Unfortunately, we can only process recurring payments via Peach Payments, so please ensure that you choose the correct payment method upon checkout when placing a recurring order.
Yes. We appreciate your loyalty and want to reward you for it. Visit the loyalty programme page for the full details of how you benefit from ordering from us.
When you already have products in your cart, go to the ‘Cart’ page. Here you can enter the voucher code you received and click on ‘Apply Coupon’. If the voucher is valid for your order, it will be applied and your order totals will be updated.
If your pet needs it, we’ll try to get it! If there is a legitimate pet product you’d like to source for your pet, but cannot find on Pet Hero, we will make every effort to get the product for you. Simply contact us to let us know what you are looking for.
Pet Hero does not currently sell prescription products. We are working on making prescription diets available online. Contact us if you want to be notified when these products are available.
Pet Hero is a veterinary brand, so we only provide products that we believe will benefit your pet. We make every effort to order from reliable suppliers and we only sell products that are well known and have a favourable track record. We supply a number of super premium pet products and some of these brands offer guarantees as to the quality of their products. Should you be unhappy with one of these products, we will refund the product in line with the policies of the manufacturers.
All orders are shipped from Johannesburg and delivery dates will vary depending on the destination. We deliver nationwide, but the further you are from major centres, the more delivery will cost and it will take a bit longer.
See our shipping and delivery information for more details.
Your delivery fee is calculated based on the postal code of your suburb and the total weight of your order (or volumetric weight, depending on the highest weight). The fee will be calculated and displayed before the checkout process is completed.
See our shipping and delivery information for more details on how shipping is calculated.
Pet Hero wants to get your orders to you as quickly as possible. However, there are a number of logistical factors to consider in the delivery of (often bulky) orders. Please allow 3 to 7 business days for delivery to take place.
You will be notified on the day your order is due for delivery. If you are not at home that day please contact us immediately so that we can arrange an alternative date to deliver your order. If you know that you will only be available during a certain time, please let us know – perhaps we can rearrange the delivery schedule.
During checkout, enter a delivery address where someone will definitely be available to receive your order.
Should there be a discrepancy between the products you ordered (as per the Pet Hero invoice) and the products you receive, please contact Pet Hero immediately. The reason for the discrepancy will be investigated and a swap will be arranged accordingly.
Before you sign the waybill for delivery, check your order thoroughly. Items should be checked against the order confirmation provided with the package. If there is a discrepancy, contact Pet Hero immediately (before the courier has left) so that the situation can be rectified. The circumstances of the situation will be assessed to determine the best possible way to get the missing item(s) to you.
While we ensure the utmost care is taken when packaging your order, Pet Hero use third-party couriers to make your special deliveries. When you receive your order, check to make sure your products are in good nick – do not accept any damaged items from the courier. REMEMBER: signing for delivery means you accept all goods and they are in good order. Should a part of the order be damaged when you check, please contact Pet Hero immediately (before the courier has left).
Should the product you ordered be temporarily out of stock, Pet Hero will notify you as soon as possible and we’ll give you an estimated delivery time. You can then decide if you wish to wait for the order to arrive or if you’d prefer to cancel your order (we’ll understand, especially if Patch’s food is running low…).
We try to make your shopping experience with us as efficient as possible. If (for whatever reason) you need to cancel an order placed on Pet Hero, contact us as soon as possible after placing the order. The merit of each individual situation will be assessed.
Please note that if the order has already been dispatched and you want to cancel it, you are likely to incur the delivery fees even if delivery does not take place.
See our returns policy for more information.
We all make mistakes, so if you’ve ordered the wrong product, let us know as soon as possible! Returns will be assessed on an individual basis as the logistics and validity of the return need to be considered. Returns may incur additional charges if authorised. Please make sure your order is correct as far as possible before completing payment.
See our returns policy for more information.
Nobody is perfect – not even heroes – and we are always looking for ways to improve how we meet your needs. We welcome your feedback, suggestions and/or requests relating to any aspect of the Pet Hero website, so drop us a message on our contact page. We will assess your feedback objectively and implement improvements where we can.
To order from us, you will need to register an account. Here’s how:
- Click on ‘Login / Register’ at the top right-hand side of the page.
- Once the My Account page has loaded, enter your email address under ‘Register’, then click the blue ‘Register’ button below.
- You’ll get an email containing your password, which you will use to log in to your account. (After you’ve logged in, you can change this to something a bit more friendly and memorable on the ‘My Account‘ page.)
- Start browsing to order the products that will maintain your hero status!
Easy peasy. If you have forgotten your password and cannot log in, do this:
- Click on ‘Login / Register’ at the top right-hand side of the page.
- Click on the ‘Lost your password?’ link below the login form and enter the email address you registered with on Pet Hero. An email will be sent to you containing a password reset link.
- Click on the link, reset your password and use your new password to log in.