Why Hill’s Science Plan Adult Perfect Weight Small & Mini Dry Dog Food?
Inactivity or low activity in small and mini dogs can lead them to quickly gaining unhealthy weight, especially after spaying or neutering. It’s important that dogs’ feeding schedules are measured and maintained, that you don’t give in to those puppy dog eyes at treat time or feed them table scraps. But if your dog has gained excess weight and you are struggling to help them shed it, then Hill’s Science Plan Adult Perfect Weight Small & Mini Dry Dog Food will help your pudgy pup to lose the extra baggage and be a healthy size again. Getting your dog to their normal weight also helps to prevent weight-related illnesses like diabetes, pancreatitis, skin diseases, arthritis and reduced mobility. Hill’s Science Plan Adult Perfect Weight offers precisely balanced nutrition that will help your dog to safely achieve and maintain a healthy weight, which will put them on track for a longer, happier life.
Which breeds will benefit most from this food?
The small and mini breed dogs that will benefit from Hill’s Science Plan Adult Perfect Weight Small & Mini Dry Dog Food include those breeds that would otherwise weigh 10 kg or less, but which are clearly overweight. Your vet will be able to weigh your dog and use the Body Fat Index (BFI) Risk Chart to indicate how overweight your dog is. Any small breed dog that is prone to weight gain due to inactivity (especially after sterilisation) will benefit from the Perfect Weight range.
What are the nutrients in Hill’s Science Plan Adult Perfect Weight Small & Mini Dry Dog Food?
Hill’s makes its complete pet foods with the exact balance of 50 nutrients to meet the specific needs of your dog, based on their life stage, lifestyle, size or special needs.
- Protein for muscle and organ support
- High-quality ingredients for delicious taste and healthy digestion
- Low in fat and high in protein and fibre
- Vitamins and antioxidants for a strong immune system
- Prebiotics to support nutrient absorption and to balance gut flora
- L-carnitine for weight maintenance, slender muscles and optimal internal organ health
Check the ingredients tab for the complete list of ingredients in this Hill’s Science Plan food.
Ask your vet about
- recommended daily feeding amounts
- recommended feeding intervals
- recommended nutritional supplements for your dog’s specific age and condition
- recommended age at which to introduce your adult dog to mature adult dog food