Treat your furbaby every month to prevent flea and biting lice infestations. A reapplication after 2 to 3 weeks is recommended where the infestation is severe. Pet Hero recommends a reapplication of Advantage after you gave your dog a bath, as frequent shampooing may diminish the long lasting effect of the product.
Advantage for over 25 kg is a top spot to treat and prevent lice and fleas.
Adult fleas can lay upto 100 eggs or nits in its life cycle. The eggs fall of into the environment and this is when infestations start. It can take up to 3 months to get the infestation under control. But this is with continuous use of Advantage and treating the environment.
The active ingredient is Imidacloprid.
Suitable for dogs and puppies over 25 kg
Advantage dog over 25 kg comes in a box of 4 tubes. 1 tube per dog per month. Keep the rest in the original box in a dry place.
Kills fleas and biting lice on dogs within 24 hours of treatment and will continue to protect the animals from re-infestation for up to four weeks.
• Kills fleas and biting lice before they can lay eggs.
• Larval flea stages are killed in the surroundings of Advantage treated pets.
Hold the applicator tube in an upright position. Pull cap off the tube. Turn the cap around and place the other end of the cap back on the tube. Twist cap to break the seal, then remove the cap from the tube
For easy application the dog should be standing. Part the hair on the back of the neck at the base of the dog’s skull until the skin is visible. Place the tip of the tube on the skin and squeeze out the contents thoroughly to apply the solution directly onto the skin.
Apply the product to 4 spots along the midline of the back from the neck to the base of the tail.
The formulation is bitter tasting and salivation may be seen for a short time if licked immediately after treatment, so make sure to apply it on the neck at the base of the skull. Do not get this product in your pet’s eyes or mouth. Advantage kills fleas and biting lice on dogs within 24 hours of treatment and will continue to protect the animal from further flea and biting lice infestation for up to four weeks, and longer after the treatment is initiated. In severe flea and biting lice infestations two treatments 2 - 3 weeks apart should be applied. Monthly treatments are required for optimal control and prevention of fleas and biting lice. Frequent shampooing of the dog may diminish the duration of flea and biting lice protection, there
• Handle with care.
• Store below 30˚C in a cool dry place, away from food and feed.
• Keep out of reach of children, uninformed persons and pets.
• Although this remedy has been extensively tested under a large variety of conditions, failure thereof may ensue as a result of a wide range of reasons. If this is suspected, seek your veterinarian’s advice and notify the registration holder.
• Avoid contact with skin, eyes or mouth.
• Do not eat, drink or smoke while applying or after application before washing hands thoroughly.
• Prevent contamination of food, food utensils, drinking water, etc.
• Wash hands thoroughly after use.
• Dispose of used tubes safely.
• The solvent in Advantage may mark certain materials including plastics, leather, fabrics and finished surfaces. Make sure Advantage has dried on the treated animals before allowing them contact with these materials.
• Human hypersensitivity reactions: In very rare cases individual skin reactions (e.g. allergies, irritation, tingling) may occur after using this product.
If in the eyes: Hold the eyelids open and flush thoroughly with plenty of water. Seek medical attention if the irritation persists.
If swallowed: Call a physician or Poison Control Centre.
If on the skin: Wash with plenty of soap and water. Seek medical attention if the irritation persists.
Imidacloprid ............................. 10% m/v