Keep your dog free from biting lice and fleas for up to 4 weeks. The pests are killed within 24 hours after applying Advantage. Should he be severely infested, apply two treatments 2 to 3 weeks apart. Reapply monthly for best results over the long term. It is advised to reapply after shampooing as the frequent use of shampoo can affect the effect of the treatment.
It is a top spot or Spot on for flea prevention and treatment.
Fleas can make your dog miserable, which is why killing fleas with monthly treatment is so important for your dog all year round.
Treating your pet quickly is important as a female flea can lay up to 50 eggs a day. These eggs can end up in your carpets, bedding, wherever it is warm and cosy. They hatch and develop into fleas. Leaving your dog untreated, more fleas will develop eventually your house will be infested with these tiny little critters. It can take up to three months and lots of money to get it under control.
Advantage for Small dogs will start killing fleas and lice within 24 hours of treatment and will continue to protect for up to 4 weeks.
The active ingredient in Advantage is Imidacloprid
For the use on dogs and puppies from 7 weeks of age.
Advantage comes in a pack of 4, 1 tube a month per dog. Keep the remaining tubes in the original packaging in a dry, dark place.
Kills through contact so fleas don’t have to bite to die
Kills all flea life stages as well as lice.
Kills reinfesting fleas within 2 hours i.e. fleas jumping on the dog after the product has been applied for 12 hours
Prevents fleas on a treated dog from infesting your home
One treatment prevents further flea infestations for 1 month
Kills lice on dogs
Convenient, once-a-month application
For use on dogs and puppies 7 weeks of age and older
Safe for use on pregnant and lactating bitches
Made Specifically For: Treating and preventing fleas on your dog
For easy application the dog should be standing. Part the hair on the back of the neck at the base of the dog’s skull until the skin is visible. Place the tip of the tube on the skin and squeeze out the contents thoroughly to apply the solution directly onto the skin.
Use one 0.4 ml tube per dog weighing up to 4 kg.
• Handle with care.
• Store below 30˚C in a cool dry place, away from food and feed.
• Keep out of reach of children, uninformed persons and pets.
• Although this remedy has been extensively tested under a large variety of conditions, failure thereof may ensue as a result of a wide range of reasons. If this is suspected, seek your veterinarian’s advice and notify the registration holder.
Avoid contact with skin, eyes or mouth.
• Do not eat, drink or smoke while applying or after application before washing hands thoroughly.
• Prevent contamination of food, food utensils, drinking water, etc.
• Wash hands thoroughly after use.
• Dispose of used tubes safely.
• The solvent in Advantage may mark certain materials including plastics, leather, fabrics and finished surfaces. Make sure Advantage has dried on the treated animals before allowing them contact with these materials.
• Human hypersensitivity reactions: In very rare cases individual skin reactions (e.g. allergies, irritation, tingling) may occur after using this product.
If in the eyes: Hold the eyelids open and flush thoroughly with plenty of water. Seek medical attention if the irritation persists.
If swallowed: Call a physician or Poison Control Centre.
If on the skin: Wash with plenty of soap and water. Seek medical attention if the irritation persists.
Imidacloprid ............................. 10% m/v