Advantage acts fast: it kills fleas and biting lice in less than one day. It also lasts long: for up to a month after first application. Once your furbabies pest infestation is under control, keep on treating monthly for best preventative measures.
It is a treatment and a prevention to harmful parasites for your little puggles.
Fleas can lay up to 50 eggs a day, yes a day. The eggs will fall off into the environment. All they need is a little warmth for them to hatch and there you have it, an infestation. It can take up to 3 months to get on top of things.
Prevent this from happening by treating, on a monthly, your dog with Advantage. It will save you time and money.
Suitable for dogs from the age of 7 weeks and weighing up to 10 kg but your small breed puppy should use Advantage Topical suitable to their weight
Keep the remaining tube in the original box and store in a cool, dry place.
Kills fleas and biting lice on dogs within 24 hours of treatment and will continue to protect the animals from re-infestation for up to four weeks.
Kills fleas and biting lice before they can lay eggs.
Larval flea stages are killed in the surroundings of Advantage treated pets.
DIRECTIONS FOR USE: Use only as directed. May be used on puppies as young as 7 weeks of age.
Hold the applicator tube in an upright position. Pull cap off the tube. Turn the cap around and place the other end of the cap back on the tube. Twist cap to break the seal, then remove the cap from the tube. For easy application the dog should be standing. Part the hair on the back of the neck at the base of the dog’s skull until the skin is visible. Place the tip of the tube on the skin and squeeze out the contents thoroughly to apply the solution directly onto the skin.
The formulation is bitter tasting and salivation may be seen for a short time if licked immediately after treatment, so make sure to apply it on the neck at the base of the skull. Do not get this product in your pet’s eyes or mouth. Advantage kills fleas and biting lice on dogs within 24 hours of treatment and will continue to protect the animal from further flea and biting lice infestation for up to four weeks, and longer after the treatment is initiated. In severe flea and biting lice infestations two treatments 2 - 3 weeks apart should be applied. Monthly treatments are required for optimal control and prevention of fleas and biting lice. Frequent shampooing of the dog may diminish the duration of flea and biting lice protection, therefore re-application following shampooing would be recommended.
• Handle with care.
• Store below 30˚C in a cool dry place, away from food and feed.
• Keep out of reach of children, uninformed persons and pets.
• Although this remedy has been extensively tested under a large variety of conditions, failure thereof may ensue as a result of a wide range of reasons. If this is suspected, seek your veterinarian’s advice and notify the registration holder.
• Avoid contact with skin, eyes or mouth.
• Do not eat, drink or smoke while applying or after application before washing hands thoroughly.
• Prevent contamination of food, food utensils, drinking water, etc.
• Wash hands thoroughly after use.
• Dispose of used tubes safely.
• The solvent in Advantage may mark certain materials including plastics, leather, fabrics and finished surfaces. Make sure Advantage has dried on the treated animals before allowing them contact with these materials.
• Human hypersensitivity reactions: In very rare cases individual skin reactions (e.g. allergies, irritation, tingling) may occur after using this product.
If in the eyes: Hold the eyelids open and flush thoroughly with plenty of water. Seek medical attention if the irritation persists.
If swallowed: Call a physician or Poison Control Centre.
If on the skin: Wash with plenty of soap and water. Seek medical attention if the irritation persists.
Note to the physician: This is a nicotinyl chloride, treat patients symptomatically
Imidacloprid ............................. 10% m/v