We believe that too many people, pets are like heroes. They are always there for you, and they see only the best in you. Furthermore, to your pet you are their hero, you and your family usually are the only humans your pet is around regularly. The philosophy of the mutually heroic bond between pet and pet owner was extrapolated into the Pet Hero brand whereby we try to provide all that your pet needs to be a hero, and we make it easy for you to remain your pet’s hero.
We appreciate the good word that you put in. You can invite friends to the site by offering them a Pet Hero voucher. You will receive a coupon for each friend you referred that then purchases. More information can be found on the loyalty programme page.
We offer all that your cats and dogs need. We sell a full range of pet products covering all the well known and trusted brands in the veterinary industry. We have products ranging from cat food to dog food, insecticidals, toys accessories and more. To see all the pet brands and products we stock, click here.
Our aim is to offer all that your pet needs to be at his/her best. If there is a legitimate pet product which you would like to source for your pet but cannot find on Pet Hero, we will make every effort to get the product for you. Simply contact us to let us know what you are looking for.
Pet Hero is a veterinary brand, thus we only provide products which we believe will benefit your dog and/or your cat. We make every effort to order from reliable suppliers and we only sell products which are well known and have a favourable track record. We supply a number of super premium pet products. Some of these brands offer guarantees as to the quality of their products. Should you be unhappy with one of these products, we will refund the product in line with the policies of the manufacturing companies.
Nobody is perfect and as heroes, we are always looking to improve and aiming to meet your needs. Feel free to give us feedback, suggestions and/or requests relating to any aspect of the Pet Hero website. We will assess your feedback objectively.
- To register an account, click on the ‘Sign In’ button at the top right portion of the website. Once the page has loaded, enter your email address in the field on the left-hand side under ‘Create an Account’, then click on ‘Create an Account’.
- On the next page, fill in your details and click on ‘Register’. Note that fields marked with * are required.
- Once the registration process has completed, you will be automatically logged into your account, and you will be redirected to your account page.
- If you have forgotten your password and cannot log into your account, click on the ‘Sign In’ button at the top-right portion of the screen. Once the page has loaded, click on ‘Forgot your password’ under the ‘Already Registered?’ section. Enter your email address associated with your account and click on ‘Retrieve Password’. An email will be sent to you containing a link to reset your password.
- Once you have clicked the link, your password will be reset and you will receive an email containing your new password.
- If you want to change your current password when you are already logged in, you can click on your name at the top right portion of the website. Click on ‘My Personal Information’, enter your current password and your new password (twice) and then click on ‘Save’ to change your password.
- To order a product on the website, add it to your cart and click on ‘Proceed to Checkout’. On the checkout page, you will see a summary of your shopping cart. Here you can remove products from your cart or change the quantities of the products you want to order. Once you are done with your cart, click on ‘Proceed to Checkout’ below the cart total.
- On the next page, you will be prompted to sign in to your existing account or to create an account if you are a new customer. Once you have logged in or created an account, you will be taken to the next page of the checkout process. If you prefer to not create an account, you can fill in your details under the ‘Instant Checkout’ section and click on ‘Proceed to Checkout’.
- On this page, you will set your address information for delivery. If you already have an address set up, it will automatically be selected. Choose a different address from the drop-down if you have multiple addresses set up on your account. If you do not have an address set up, click on ‘Add a New Address’. Fill in all the details and click on ‘Save’. After you have added your address, click on ‘Proceed to Checkout’.
- On the next page, you will see the delivery option with the delivery cost. Accept the Terms and Conditions and click on ‘Proceed to Checkout’.
- Here you will see your order summary and choose your payment method. Once the payment has been processed, your order will be placed and you will receive an order confirmation email containing your invoice of the purchase.
Once your order has been placed, you can track your order by going to your account page and clicking on ‘Order History and Details’. Here you will see all the orders you have placed on the system. Click on ‘Details’ next to an order and scroll down to the section below the products and you will see the status of your order.
To use a voucher, add a product to your cart and proceed to the checkout process. On the first page, click on your voucher number under ‘Vouchers’ to add the voucher to your order and proceed with the checkout process. If no vouchers are listed and you have a voucher code, simply add the code in the ‘Vouchers’ section and click on the check mark, the system will apply the voucher to your current order if the voucher is valid.
- If you would like to add products to your wishlist, go to a product’s details and click on ‘Add to Wishlist’. This will add the product to your wishlist which you can find by going to your account page and clicking on ‘My Wishlists’. Here you can click on your wishlist to view the products in your wishlist.
- You can also send your wishlist to your friends or family so that they can view the products you want and purchase it for you. To do this, click on ‘Send this Wishlist’ and enter all the email addresses you want to send the link to. This will send an email containing the URL link to your wishlist on the website. From here, your friends or family can purchase these products for you.
- Please note that once the products are purchased, they will be removed from your wishlist.
If (for whatever reason) you need to cancel an order placed on Pet Hero, you need to contact us as soon as possible after placing the order. The merit of each individual situation will be assessed.
Please note if the order has already been dispatched you are likely to incur the delivery fees even if delivery does not actually take place.
Returns will be assessed on an individual basis as the logistics and validity of the return need to be assessed. Returns may incur additional charges if authorised. Please make sure your order is correct as far as possible before completing payment.
Should there be a discrepancy between the products ordered (as per the Pet Hero invoice) and the products received, please contact Pet Hero immediately. The reason for the discrepancy will be investigated and a swap will be arranged accordingly.
Do not accept a damaged item from the courier. Signing for delivery constitutes acceptance of all goods in good order. Should a part of the order be damaged please contact Pet Hero immediately (before the courier has left).
Should the product you ordered temporarily be out of stock, Pet Hero will notify you as soon as possible. As far as possible we will give you an estimated delivery time. You can then decide if you wish to wait for the order to arrive or if you would like your order cancelled.
If you are logged into your account and you have items in your cart, they will stay in the cart for 20 days, or until you remove them or make the purchase. Your cart is only available if you are logged into your account. This means that if you add products to your cart and then you log out, your cart will be empty until you log back in.
If you do not have an account, your items will stay in the cart, even after you have created an account and logged in.
Shipping and Delivery
All orders are shipped from Johannesburg thus our focus is on the Gauteng region. We have nationwide delivery options available however they will incur additional cost and slow turnaround times.
Your delivery fee is calculated based on the postal code of your suburb and the total weight of your order. The fee will be calculated and displayed before the checkout process is completed. For full delivery pricing information, click here.
Pet Hero seeks to get your orders to you as quickly as possible. However, there are a number of factors to consider in the logistics of getting your (often bulky) orders to you. Please allow up to 3 days (excluding weekends) for delivery to take place. If you are outside of Johannesburg or Pretoria, your order may take up to 5 days to be delivered.
We use a mix of third-party courier companies to provide you with the best and most cost-effective delivery and shipping service. Our selected courier companies have many years of experience and are all established and trusted role players in the logistics industry.
Drivers will make the delivery in clearly marked vehicles and will make use of official waybills. Please do not allow any other parties onto your premises.
It is best to enter a delivery address that will have someone available throughout the day. If it so happens that there is nobody at the address when delivery is attempted, the courier will try to make contact as per the provided information.
If the courier cannot make contact, they will move on to their next delivery and will attempt to make the delivery at another stage. If delivery cannot be made, your order will be returned to the warehouse until contact has been made. Please note further arrangements for delivery may incur additional delivery costs.
If the address is provided correctly, we allow for somebody else to accept deliveries on your behalf. No matter who it is, the receiver will have to sign for acceptance of the order. It is advised that you indicate who will be receiving the order using the additional information box under the address information step of the checkout process.
We advise that you check your order thoroughly upon delivery. Items should be checked against the order confirmation provided with the package. If there is a discrepancy, contact Pet Hero immediately (before the courier has left) so that the situation can be rectified. The circumstances of the situation will be assessed to determine the best possible action plan in getting the missing item(s) to you.
Pet Hero accepts Visa, Mastercard, and American Express cards. We also accept EFT payments. We will look to accept additional secure and stable payment methods as they become reliably available.
If your card is enabled to make online purchases and it is 3D secure enabled we can facilitate the transaction.
We currently do not accept cash on delivery (COD) payments. Your order is delivered by a third party courier and in order to protect him/her and the integrity of your order, orders need to be paid in full before the order is dispatched.
We have two ways for you to make an EFT payment. Firstly you can select “Bank wire” from the payment options on checkout. This will place the order and provide you with banking details to use when making the payment from your bank. Secondly, you can use our instant-EFT option, which will take you to the SID platform that allows you to use your online banking portal to make the payment. This option does not store any banking details.
According to the Visa and MasterCard regulations as carried over by MyGate, every transaction processed on our online store needs to be manually processed to validate the transaction. Thus payments will not necessarily be debited from your account immediately. It may take up to 5 days for the transaction to clear and for your account to be charged.
Our site is hosted on a secure dedicated server, with additional antivirus software protecting our domain. Furthermore, we have a Secure Socket Layer (SSL) to encrypt information sent from the server to your computer and vice versa.
Pet Hero does not store your card details, however, with our Peach Payments credit card option, you have a choice to store your card details with them to make your next checkout much quicker, without having to enter your card details again.
With this option, your card details are not stored with Pet Hero, but with our provider, Peach Payments. Pet Hero receives an encrypted token that is linked to your profile with Peach Payments. The token is the only information that Pet Hero has and we send this token to process your payment. Peach Payments is a well-established payment gateway that makes safety their number one priority. If you would not like to store your card details, simply un-tick the box below the card details form that says “Store payment details?”.
It is important to note that if you are making a recurring purchase, we require the token from Peach Payments for the recurring payment to be made.