Your large breed dog is a carnivore, thus needing a diet that is rich in fresh meats. Acana believes that the eating anatomy of modern dogs is the same as their wild cousin, the grey wolf, so your dog’s food requirements will be consistent.
What is Acana Heritage Canine Adult Large Breed?
Acana Heritage Canine Adult Large Breed is dry dog food for your large dog with an adult weight of 25 kg + and over the age of 18 months.
Why should I buy this product?
Acana Heritage Canine Adult Large Breed is loaded with fresh protein that will nourish your dog naturally, and the food does not waste the good stuff with synthetic additives. Acana knows that being overweight will cause stress on the joints and bones, so they have made their food free of carbohydrates.
Acana foods are all prepared in their own kitchens with the freshest of ingredients, and they are biologically appropriate to keep your big boy or girl healthy happy and strong.
Which ingredients are used in Acana Heritage Canine Adult Large Breed?
The ingredients in Acana Heritage Canine Adult Large Breed are straightforward and very nutritious. All the ingredients are fit for human consumption.
Acana Heritage Canine Adult Large Breed has 60% Free-run chicken, wild-caught fish, and whole eggs.
40% vegetables, fruit, and botanicals plus zinc proteinate which is the only supplement.
0% grain, potato, tapioca and GMO (Genetically Modified Organisms)
From what age can my dog eat Acana Heritage Canine Adult Large Breed?
As soon as your dog turns 15-18 months, then they can eat this dog food right up until he or she turns five years of age.
What does Acana Heritage Canine Adult Large Breed contain?
- Free-range Chicken – they have been raised free-range on local farms. The chickens are free of antibiotics or hormone-enhanced feeds. They are passed fit for human consumption.
- Nest-laid eggs – power-packed with healthy proteins and fats.
- Wild-caught fish – caught daily and delivered to Acana’s kitchens within a day or two of being caught. The fish is preservative-free and loaded with natural, fresh-caught goodness. The fish is bursting with healthy protein, selenium and vitamin B12.
- Fruits – Sun-ripened in Okanagan Valley, are delivered fresh, and preservative-free. Fresh fruit supplies vitamins and protector nutrients.
- Vegetables – They are delivered fresh, whole, preservative-free and loaded with natural antibiotics. Pumpkin and squash supply soluble fibre which promotes digestive health while providing limited carbohydrates needed to form a kibble
- Botanicals – they mimic the natural diet by supporting healthy digestion, they serve as tonics and builders to support the organs and tissues, helping to eliminate toxins from the body by stimulating physiological processes, like cleaning the liver.
What makes Acana different from other pet food companies?
Champion Petfoods is an award-winning pet food maker with a reputation of trust spanning more than a quarter-century. They make Biologically appropriate dog food from fresh ingredients, making them from start to finish in their very own kitchens. Their meals are designed to nourish your dog in two ways – first, according to their natural evolution to a meat-based diet. Second, using ingredients that are sustainably raised and harvested by local suppliers and delivered to their kitchen fresh, every day.
What is the best way to store your Acana Heritage Canine Adult Large Breed dog food?
Always keep your kibble in the original packaging. This way you can check batch numbers, expiration dates etc. in case there is a recall. The bag can be stored in an airtight bin or bucket to protect the dog food from insects, rodents etc. Store the bag or container off the floor and in a cool and dry area.
What are the package sizes available?
Acana Heritage Canine Adult Large Breed dog food is available in two sizes, an 11.4 kg and a 17 kg.
Do Vets recommend Acana Heritage Canine Adult Large Breed?
Your Veterinarian recommends Acana Heritage Canine Adult Large Breed.
It is NOT recommended for puppies, pregnant dogs or senior dogs.